Monday

Who wants to go on an adventure?

Did you know that Austin is home to the largest selection prohibition style speakeasies? Whats a Speakeasy you ask?

A speakeasy used to be an illicit establishment that sells alcoholic beverages. Since prohibition ended, this now refers to "hidden" bars. Unmarked, quasi-exclusive, or accessible by reservation only to those "in the know". And let me tell you, some are pretty swanky.

Last year I had the pleasure of joining a couple adventurous green guys and gals on a tour of 4 such establishments. Many of which were within a block or two of the convention center. Hidden entrances, passcodes, trips into the basements and back lots. A bit of detective work on their part made for a highly entertaining night.

Since my annual mixer has apparently become a tradition. And I enjoyed this so much last year I decided its time to start another one. I...



from SpiceWorld http://ift.tt/2uH2M1q
via IFTTT

manchester spice corps